(Photo: Town of Southampton)

Cupola installed atop historic Bridgehampton home

Local officials and staff of the Bridgehampton Museum were on hand for the installation of the decorative rooftop cupola at the historic Nathaniel Rogers House this week.

The home, once owned by famed miniature portraitist Nathaniel Rogers, dates back to 1840, and serves as one of the last remaining examples of Greek Revival architecture on Long Island.

Upon completion of the interior and exterior restoration, the Nathaniel Rogers House, under the stewardship of the Bridgehampton Museum, will serve as an active center for historical research and for programs to celebrate the history and cultural traditions of Bridgehampton and surrounding areas.

Share this: